Monday 14 October 2013

Gratitude

Today is Thanksgiving and I have much to be thankful for this year. This holiday is one of my favorites since it is a day where my family and I consciously experience and feel gratitude not only for the big things that we have been blessed with, but also for all the small daily events that add to our lives and make us happy. 

I always find that the act of consciously reflecting on all that we have rather than focusing on what we lack makes our lives so much more fulfilling. 

This year, I am thankful for love. I am blessed to have a lot of love in my life and to be able to give back that love, in different forms to those who mean so much to me. 

I may have many flaws, I may do things that are misunderstood by most people and I may have many secrets but, I have an endless capacity for love and I give that love freely, without expectations or demands, without selfishness or self-interest. I believe that people should know what makes them special to you and that by giving love, you open yourself up to receiving love back. 

Isn't that all we really want out of life? 
And I strongly believe that life is too short to leave important and powerful words unsaid. 

So today, on Thanksgiving, I am grateful to be able to love and be loved because that is what adds color to my life. 

Happy Thanksgiving!
xox

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! What do you guys serve on Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving is like the prequel to the huge Christmas feast that we will have in a few months. My mother makes a turkey, stuffing, butternut squash soup, sheperd's pie.....and a million other goodies :)

      Delete
  2. Great thoughts on a deep topic. Well said. And Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete