Friday 13 September 2013

Don't cheat on friday the 13th

Friday is always the day that I spend with A.
Today is friday the 13th and it briefly crossed my mind this week that if I were superstitious, I would not attempt to tempt fate on a such a day and perhaps I should have a quiet day at home by myself. 
Of course, A. and I have been building anticipation all week and simply couldn't stay away from one another so my idea of a quiet day at home lasted about three seconds before I dismissed it. Yesterday, I ignored yet another sign that a day at home would be a good idea when my mother asked me to do her a small favor which actually required me to be home until noon. On a regular friday, I would leave the house in the morning and make my way to A's place. Did I let this sign deter me from my plans with A. you aks? Of course not. The plan was altered and delayed but still on. Then, even as a third sign came my way, in the form of my husband's office losing power and everyone being sent home for the afternoon, still I kept my afternoon with A. on track having thought of an appropriate alibi. 

I should always trust my instincts and never ignore the signs. Because what happened on this particular friday is that my husband called me while I was in the midst of having the most intense sex A. and I had ever had together. When A. left for a moment to grab a condom, I checked my phone and panicked that my husband might be wondering where I was. I called him and for the first time ever, he didn't believe me when I said where I was. I panicked even more (which is very unlike me but I was highly unsettled). I left A's in a hurry and made up a believable story with a friend who covered for me. 

My husband, who has never believed me capable of any wrongdoing, is now suspicious. 
And very very upset with me. 
For the first time ever, I am not in complete control of the situation. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no...just breathe and stay as cool and calm as possible! Play it off as best you can..and maybe be a little more attentive to hubs than usual. Hopefully this will blow over soon! Hugs and we're here if you need us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point you need to get caught in the act of not cheating. My wife often gets irritated when she catches me going to the gym too much. At this point she assumes if I'm not around I'm engaged in some stupid activitiy like working out or watching college football!

    As a famous philosopher once said stupid is as stupid does so do some stupid things and get caught (e.g. shopping, spa treatment on the sly, yada, yada) and then roll with it!

    Hang in there but also try to decide what your long term aspirations are and make sure you are working towards that aspiration. Don't get caught in the trap of treading water too long, life will pass you by.

    ReplyDelete