Thursday 22 August 2013

Love songs

A. and I got into the habit of sending each other songs as a means of expressing how we feel about one another at a moment in time. Looking back at old emails, I can see the progression of our affair through these songs.

At the beginning of the summer, I was biking around downtown Montreal listening to a playlist on Songza when this song came on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPuqA94-qCo

It was a hot and sunny summer day and I was having a particularly good day. As I listened to the lyrics, I felt that, at that moment, this song told A. everything he needed to know. I was beginning to open up to him and let him in. He was slowly making me melt in this way that still surprises me.

One evening, after we had spent several hours at a hotel room completely entangled in each other, making a physical and emotional mess of one another, I sent him a long email with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFw_zf731mM

At this point, I knew that I was in love with him but was still wondering if he felt as much as I did.

When A. made me sick, we had a long phone conversation where he was trying to cheer me up and make me laugh. He asked me to grab my laptop and look for this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YehXWZHvQeo

He told me that he heard it in his car one night and was singing it at the top if his lungs with a silly smile on his face, thinking of me. I spent the next week listening to it several times a day with the biggest grin on my face.

We have effectively created our very own playlist.


2 comments:

  1. I think that is a fantastic and meaningful way to connect. I have done the same although with me I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum from my special someone so I tend to send her funny gif's and videos of Bush 43 and she pokes back with stuff about Obama. The teasing is fun. If you can do that with someone you are truly comfortable with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-bf and I used to post videos on Facebook and kind of do the same thing. Was always so much fun! We would sort of DJ our night! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete