Tuesday 28 May 2013

Multiple lovers

The intricacies of juggling multiple lovers are both exciting and exhausting. When I first began my adventures on AM, I used to think that I would need and want only one lover besides my husband. For many months, that lover was J. However, my craving for attention made it difficult to be entirely satisfied by the relationship that J. and I share. J. is a perfect affair partner in terms of keeping things simple and clear. We have strict rules and we try to prevent building intimacy in a concerted effort to avoid falling for each other. We communicate regularly but not every day. We don't share information about our personal lives. This keeps things from getting messy but doesn't fulfill my need to connect and feel close to someone. As much as I wish to protect my heart and my life, I enjoy intense feelings of lust and the butterflies and slight obsession that one gets at the onset of a relationship. Because I needed a distraction in between encounters and in between the one email a day I would receive from J., I joined AM once again. There, I met D. who would turn out to be one of my lovers. I also met M., B., S. and my new favorite, A. This is where things get slightly complicated and confusing. Having multiple lovers involves a lot of juggling. Finding time to meet with them is particularly difficult as I do have a full time job and husband. Although I enjoy each of my lovers for different reasons, I am starting to feel like I need to simplify my affairs. To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Now with this post I hear a Buck Owens song "Tiger by the Tail"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeOddejiGw

    ReplyDelete