Thursday 5 December 2013

Flowers

I have the house all to myself and for the past few days, A and I have been playing house. Despite it being a dangerous game, A and I are making the most out of the time that we have by taking advantage of every single opportunity. Earlier in the week, we met up at my house after work. A has a weekly sports thing that he blew off that evening so that we could have dinner together and spend a few hours wrapped up in each other. I opened the door to greet him and he stood there, in the snow, holding the biggest bouquet of flowers I had ever been given. Once inside, I had to separate the bouquet in three individual vases as A explained that he had always wanted to give me flowers and that now I actually had a few days to hold on to them. 

Our relationship is slowly changing. I feel A's feelings getting more intense and his love for me growing every day. He shows his love in little and big ways. He came over one morning before work because I had mentionned that my car was running low on windshield wiper fluid and had never taken care of it myself before and he showed me how to do it. He comes over with breakfast when I am not feeling well in the morning, he buys me a box of his favorite tea which he swears will replace my morning coffee when I mention that I want to cut caffeine and he buys me a bouquet of exotic flowers because he knows that seeing them on my dining room table will make me smile, morning and night. 

I know that A truly and deeply cares for me because he is still here. 
He is still here, showing me his love in a million little ways, despite finding out a week ago that I am pregnant. 

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...., snap! That's a cliffhanger!

    Shame on you for titillating us so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped the Kindle again!!!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With whose child?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you sure know how to drop a bombshell in the most innocuous way. :-)

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How will this change your relationship with A and your husband? I presume you conceived with your husband? Please tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I also assume it's with your husband. This does change things quite a bit though!!

    ReplyDelete