Friday 13 December 2013

Our first argument

A:
You know, this is the hardest thing I have ever and will ever have to do.

Olivia:
What do you mean?

A:
I mean watching the one woman whom I love, who I am so certain is perfect for me and who I want to be with above all others, take her life in the complete opposite direction. 

Olivia:
We have to remember that this is what we signed up for A. We never told each other that we would leave our houses, that we would build a new life together. We never made any promises other than love one another harder than we had loved anyone else before.

A:
That's true, you're right. This is what we wanted. 

Olivia:
We are not in the same stage in our lives A. I am not ready to leave my husband. I am not ready to change my life. But that doesn't mean that I am happily married. I will always need more. And you've changed me....I will never want the same things again. I will never want empty sex with semi-strangers again. That has no appeal to me now. Not after you. I want you. But this.......you and me.....in this form....is it enough?

A:
I know you are not ready. I knew you weren't ready to leave even before you got pregnant. I would never ask anything from you. Even if this is all there ever is between us, it's more than enough. I just get so fucking scared Olivia. You are going to change....you are already changing. I am so scared to lose you. I am not ready to lose you baby. 

Olivia:
I love you A. I don't know how things will change but can't we just take it one day at a time? I rely on you, I need you to be my rock, I need you to tell me that we'll be ok. Tell me we'll be ok baby.

A:
I am not going anywhere baby. I promise you that. We'll be ok. I will wait for you as long as I have to, as long as you want me to. I love you. I always will. 


2 comments:

  1. I wish my arguments were like that. I didn't hear any slammed doors, any tears, not a single accusation. If I argued like that I'd argue all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a heartbreakingly beautiful *argument*. my heart squeezed and tears sprang to my eyes as your words resonate so deep within me. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete