Thursday 18 June 2015

Overwhelmed and unhappy

Today, A held my face in his hands and told me the only thing that a first time mother needs to hear. He asked me to look at him as he said that I have my shit together. He said "you do it all, you are on top of your shit, you are superwoman" and I swear, that felt like the best compliment anyone could ever give me. 

I was overwhelmed today. I feel overwhelmed most days. Despite the fact that I have, what is considered, an "easy baby". He is happy, he sleeps and he makes everyone around him smile. He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and the love that I feel for him is unlike any other feeling I have ever had. But I am still overwhelmed. And I am writing it here instead of talking openly about it because I feel guilty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment