Friday 22 May 2015

"Do you think we really know eachother"?

My husband was out of town for the week and A and I arranged to spend an afternoon together. He took care of some work in the morning while I dropped my little one off at my mother's and we met up at my place. The day before, we had decided to go visit this sex shop that is located nearby and the thought of being there together excited us both. To be fair, the thought of being out in public anywhere with A is always exciting to me, if only because it is a rare occurence. Before A entered my life, I had never owned a sex toy. When we first began sleeping together, I was unable to orgasm with A. Never a quitter and forever an optimist, A bought me this tiny vibrator which I eventually used to make myself cum for the first time while he was pounding me. Since then, we have acquired a few more toys together but what was missing from our secret collection was a really good vibrator. After a short debate on whether we should take separate cars to get there, I got into the passenger seat of A's car and we drove off. On the way, I asked whether we should walk in separately and he grinned as he answered: "No, we will walk in hand in hand". I laughed, amused and excited. We walked in together, though there was no hand holding and as we strolled through the aisles, I noticed just how much taller he was than me. I mentioned it to him saying that we spend most of our time laying in bed together that I hardly notice how tall he really is. He smiled as we continued to look around at the items on display. The shop keeper was this older woman with a slicked back pony tail and an overly friendly attitude. She asked twice if she could help us and the second time that we had to answer that we wanted to have a look around first, she asked to see my ID. Now this happens to me from time to time. Although I am about to turn 30, I look younger than I really am and always have. I am used to showing ID when I order a drink at a restaurant or when I am buying a bottle of wine. However, this has never happened in front of A. I showed the woman my driver's licence and when I looked at A's face, I saw how surprised he was. Actually, he seemed uncomfortable. And that set the tone for the rest of our shopping experience. We looked through the entire store, laughing and finally selecting what we had initially wanted but I felt him somewhat standoffish. In fact, in public, A is always somewhat colder and more distant. I know part of that is the fact that we are not supposed to be out in public together. But is there a part that is just him? I have no idea how he acts in social situations. 

A is very affectionate and warm when we are alone, in the confines of a hotel room or playing house at my place. His hands gravitate towards my ass as I prepare lunch and his fingers make my nipples harden as we watch television together. I don't remember the last time we were able to sit through an hour-long tv show without pressing the pause button and french kissing all the way to the bedroom. Although I do feel that I know A intimately, the fact that we have hardly ever done anything "normal" together, out in public where there is some form of interaction with others, makes me wonder whether there is this whole other side to him that I know nothing about. What is he like when he is surrounded by a group of friends or at a family BBQ? What would he be like with me if we were at a social event together? 

When we got home, I asked A if he thought we really knew one another. He answered that he felt like he knew me in a very intimate way and that the way my personality shows through with him in this intimate context must translate into every situation. I looked at his beautiful face and pondered whether our relationship was mostly about the sex. I wondered whether the incredible sexual chemistry that we have clouds our judgement on whether or not this relationship would work in "real life". My thoughts were interrupted by the sight of A slowly unbuttoning his crisp white shirt. He pulled me to him, lust in his eyes and said: "Couples want what we have. The chemistry. The sex". I stopped thinking and got lost in him. 



2 comments:

  1. I don't believe you really do know each other except in a physical way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good and important question to ask. I would also agree that you don't know one another in a non-sexual way. That's not a good or bad thing, just factual. I always remind myself that because it's easy to get lost when with a 'special friend'. :-).

    ReplyDelete